Friday, January 20, 2012

Time to switch

Since this is a currently active meme, I've decided to switch to the Friday 5, rather than the Thursday ? meme. This week's is called A Stitch in Time. I'd love it if you, readers, answered questions in the comments too!

1.What was your first wristwatch like?
2.What lately seems to have been a thief of time?
3.What were yesterday’s quietest five minutes like?
4.In what way have you lately been saving time?
5.We are often charged hourly rates for labor, but we never get to reciprocate in kind when promised completion times don’t match actual completion. If you could bill people for the time you spend waiting, what would be a reasonable amount?

1. I have no idea. I want to say that is was digital, and probably from a Happy Meal or something similar. And I think that it had a cartoon character on it. Rainbow Brite, maybe?

2. Playing video games. And watching tv. And all those fun things where you consume rather than produce, your fun.

3. Sleeping? And the first few minutes when I just wake up, and check the internet on my iPhone - Facebook, email, Salon.com, maybe play a little Words With Friends. Try to convince myself that I'm awake.

4. I haven't really, because I just got a new job - working in the reading program at a local high school. And now I'm busier than ever! But having more fun and feeling more productive than I have in ages. It's the end of the week, and I'm actually looking forward to next work week already! You know you have the right job when that happens.

5. How about if you pay more to never wait? That might be better. Though bad for the finances. How about if I agree to wait for an extra day or week, in exchange for a drastically reduced fee? I could deal with that.

How about you guys? I am watching Portlandia right now. It's not bad, but all of my favorite shows this season (other than The Big Bang Theory) are suspense, rather than comedy. Alcatraz is very good so far. Welcome back to tv, Hugo! What's your favorite spring season tv so far?

2 comments:

  1. The new year is a great time for a switch, and as you can see, Friday 5 has been going for five and a half years with only a few missed weeks (those darn web hosting bills!). Welcome aboard. :)

    Have you played the latest ...with Friends game? Scramble with Friends. It's like Boggle and it's pretty addictive. The gameplay is quick and mostly satisfying. Invite scrivenr to a game if you're down for it.

    Thanks for participating in this week's F5, and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scrivener,

    Thanks for the welcome. :) I haven't played Scramble, but I love Words with Friends. I'll try to check it out sometime soon. Hope you have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete